Teaching in MOE Kindergarten for untrained applicants
If you do not have the required Early Childhood qualifications to teach in a kindergarten setting, you can still become an MOE Kindergarten (MK) teacher through the MOE Kindergarten Teacher Training Programme (MK TTP).
Programme length: 9-month sponsored training
Bond length: 2 years
For more information on MOE Kindergarten, you may visit the MOE Kindergarten website.
- Committed to the development and well-being of children.
- Dedication towards sparking curiosity and the joy of learning.
- An energetic personality.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children.
- Enthusiasm and creativity to nurture the next generation.
- Strong in multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Preferably a tertiary qualification.
Salary and benefits
- You will receive a monthly salary of between $2,000 and $3,000 from the commencement of your training programme. Your exact salary takes into consideration your experience, academic training, and whether you have completed full-time National Service.
- Course fees will be sponsored by MOE
- During training, you will receive a one-off grant of $1,050 for study related expenses
Note: Information on salaries are accurate at the point of publication but may be subject to review and change.
You will also be eligible for these benefits:
- Time off during school holidays, as long as your services are not required during that time.
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits.
- 14 days of medical leave without hospitalisation, and up to 60 days with hospitalisation.
- 10 days of urgent leave for private matters, subject to approval.
Applications are currently closed. Please join the mailing list to be informed of future recruitment exercises.
To apply as an English Medium, Malay Language or Tamil Language Teacher, indicate one of the languages as your 1st preferred choice in the application form.
This course will be conducted in English.
If you indicated 'Chinese Language Teacher' as your 2nd preferred choice, you may be considered for the Chinese course if you are shortlisted.
To apply as a Chinese Language Teacher, indicate 'Chinese Language Teacher' as your 1st preferred choice in the application form.
This course will be conducted in Chinese.
Note: You should have basic proficiency in English as a portion of the course will be conducted in English.
3. Selection process
The selection process consists of these 4 components:
- 5-day MOE Kindergarten experience
- Entrance proficiency test (EPT)
- Medical examination
If you are shortlisted, we will email you the interview details and the documents that you are required to bring for the interview.
Due to the large number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks of the application closing date, your application can be deemed to be unsuccessful.
5-day MOE Kindergarten experience
If you are further shortlisted after your interview, you will have to do a compulsory 5-day stint at an MOE Kindergarten. The purpose of this experience is to:
- Enable you to affirm your interest in teaching
- Enable us to assess your suitability for the job
We will inform you of the arrangements within 2 to 4 weeks from your interview. The MOE Kindergarten experience will be conducted between September to October 2020.
Entrance proficiency test (EPT)
You may be required to sit for certain EPTs at the Ministry's discretion. If so, we will email you the details of the test. This does not indicate that you are successful in your application.
Note: The test fee is non-refundable. No refund of payment will be given for those who are absent or withdraw from the test. We are also unable to reschedule test dates, except under extraordinary circumstances.
You will be required to undergo a medical examination fully paid by MOE. You will be contacted with instructions regarding the medical examination, which may include vaccinations according to the regulatory and prevailing guidelines adopted by the pre-school sector.
Please go for the medical examination as soon as possible to facilitate the processing of your application.
Note: Undergoing the medical examination does not indicate that you have been selected for appointment.
4. Appointment and training commencement
If you meet all our requirements and are selected for appointment, we will invite you to attend:
- An appointment briefing session
- An agreement signing session
Thereafter, you will commence training for one of the following Diplomas by the National Institute of Early Childhood Development which will tentatively be in early March 2021.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education – Teaching (Conversion) [DECCE-T (Conversion)]
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education – Teaching (Conversion) (Chinese) [DECCE-T (Conversion) (Chinese)]
After successfully completing the training programme, you will start work at one of our MOE Kindergartens, serving a 2-year bond.
We will inform you via email if your application is unsuccessful. Alternatively, you can check your application status anytime via Careers@Gov.