About the job
We want to fill this position with an experienced, inspiring, business-minded and commercial retail professional who can support us in one of our IKEA Southeast Asia stores.
- Reporting to the Retail Manager, your priority is to work actively with the Service Office retail management team.
- You will assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the store and lead a team of approx.. 350 co-workers.
- You develop strategies, engage partners, manage and develop members of the store steering committee, execute tactical plans, and translate ideas into realities that are in line with the organisation’s business goals and commercial strategies to optimise sales and profitability, and drive our long-term goal of being First Choice for Home Furnishings in the primary market area of your store.
- You are a customer-focused, self-motivated, results-oriented, have a flair for engaging people at all levels and influencing outcomes.
- Strategic planning and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment is a norm for you.
- You have at least 10 years of retail experience in a leadership position with an IKEA store or a big-box retailer, have highly-developed business acumen, as well as store operations, sales/logistics and merchandising knowledge.
- As a Manager responsible for a team, we expect you to embody company values, lead by example and groom your successor.
- . You develop and energise co-workers with an open mind, respect, and through a humble approach.
- You have a proven record of strong leadership, and are committed to the development of the team and individuals that reflect both business and personal development needs